Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 9-inch baking pans and line bottoms with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture and zucchini. Pour mixture into baking pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and butter together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; mix until smooth, divide in half.
- Set one cake on a flat surface and spread half of the frosting in an even layer; place the second cake on top and spread the remaining frosting. Smooth down and top with fresh blueberries.
Copyright BestRecipes Magazine