Tomato, Zucchini, and Feta Pie
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced into thin rounds
- 12 yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- On two baking sheets, place tomato and zucchini slices on two layers of paper towel, season generously with kosher salt. Flip, season the second side, and let sit for 15 minutes. Lightly press with additional paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, onion powder, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. Toss tomatoes and zucchini in dressing; set aside.
- In a pie plate, place pie dough, line the pie dough with parchment paper and fill with baking weights or dried beans. Bake crust for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, remove the parchment and beans, and bake 5 more minutes. Allow crust to cool completely and layer tomatoes, zucchini, and feta until full. Bake for 35 minutes, remove from oven, and rest 10 minutes before serving.
Copyright BestRecipes Magazine