Sweet and spicy! That’s what this recipe’s got! It combines the flavors of sweet potatoes with the heat of jalapeños. It’s creative, flavorful and a balanced delight.
The ingredients needed are vanilla extract, Spanish rice, Mexican blend cheese, black beans, tortillas, sweet potatoes and jalapenos. This recipe calls for pre-baked sweet potatoes and pre-made Spanish rice. To create the meal mix up the jalapenos, sweet potatoes and vanilla extract. The vanilla is a must in order to combine and balance out the sweet and heat of the dish. Take these ingredients and warm them up. Add to your tortilla with a spoonful of Spanish rice and a handful of cheese. This dish is enough for two, so enjoy with a friend.
If you’re not dealing with pre-baked sweet potatoes, line up your sweet potatoes in a baking dish (coat dish with a non-stick spray). Heat the oven to about 400 degrees. Poke a few holes in your potatoes with a fork. Add a slit to the top and spoon in a little butter. Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes, check it occasionally. The potatoes should be tender when they are finished.
To make Spanish rice, you can buy a box from the store or create your own. There are a variety of recipes out there for homemade Spanish rice. Get creative and enjoy making a different dish for you and a friend.
This dish adds flavor to your taste buds. It’s a sweet and spicy must have.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (already baked and peeled)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Spanish Rice
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- In a skillet stir diced jalapeno, black beans, and sweet potatoes together. Add vanilla to the mix. ( It will help balance the sweet and spicy in this dish.) You just want to warm up the ingredients.
- Place a big spoonful of your sweet potato mix on the tortilla. Then a big spoonful of the spanish rice, and then a handful of cheese.
- Roll it up and eat!