Cook up a gourmet meal from your home kitchen with this tasty recipe. The ingredients include penne pasta, baby spinach, olive oil, whipping cream, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper.
Baby spinach adds a delightful mild flavor, unlike other spinach varieties. It’s perfectly eloquent in this mix. The flavor is subtle and pleasant. It pairs nicely with the creamy and smooth texture the sauce presents (olive oil and whipping cream). This is complimented by the pungent flavor of garlic and subtle fresh lemon notes. It’s topped off with salt and pepper to your liking, a perfectly pleasant dish.
Start by cooking the noodles as instructed by the back of the pasta box. During the cooking of the noodles, you can start the sauce. This will include the olive oil and garlic. Once it’s fragrant and ready, you will be able to add the lemon zest and the whipping cream. The salt, pepper, and lemon juice will also be added to the the sauce, at the end, before combining it with the noodles.
When the noodles are ready, you can mix in the spinach. Once the spinach begins to wilt, it’s time to drain the pot. Finish the dish by combining the sauce into the noodles/ spinach. The end result will be a delightful taste of gourmet.
- 1/2 box penne pasta (1 lb. box)
- 3 to 4 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Follow cooking instructions on box of the noodles. One minute before the noodles are done add spinach. This will seem like a lot of spinach, but it won’t be once it cooks down. Once the spinach is wilted, drain immediately. While noodles are boiling get started on the sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the lemon zest giving wait about 30 seconds then add cream. Reduce the sauce to about half then add salt, pepper, and the lemon juice. Finally combine noodles and spinach then stir.