CAST OF CHARACTERS
- 2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 Kaiser rolls
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
METHOD TO THE MADNESS
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground chicken and onion for 6-8 minutes breaking up into crumbles; drain.
- Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the ketchup, chilies, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on Kaiser rolls!