Are you looking to make homemade mac and cheese, but don’t have time to bake it? Fear not. This recipe is cheesy, buttery and homemade without the baking. It makes homemade mac and cheese almost as easy as the boxed stuff!
Simply start by purchasing some shells or macaroni noodles and cook as directed by the container they came in. Use the ingredients: shredded cheddar jack, cream cheese, parmesan, butter, milk, salt and cracked pepper to make a delicious sauce. This mixture will make your taste buds sing. It’s end result is a creamy delight with just the right amount of cheese factored in. The parm and cheddar add the perfect sharp, nutty flavor. While the cream cheese gives it an extra creamy texture. Plus, what is mac and cheese without two important ingredients: butter and milk? Add a little salt and cracked black pepper and you’ll have a end result to please the masses. It’s wonderfully tasty.
The boxed stuff is easy to make. However, this simple homemade recipe brings shame to a variety of boxed brands. It makes mac and cheese easy to create, but has a little something extra since it’s homemade.
You can serve about 2-4 people, depending on portion size. It’s wonderful as a side dish, served along with hot dogs, hamburgers or chicken. Of course you can also just eat it as your meal if you prefer. Whatever you decide to serve it with, you can enjoy cheesy goodness that doesn’t come from a box!
Recipe and Description by Ashley Horst
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 cups shell macaroni noodles
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook noodles as instructed on the container they came in.
- In a separate pan, add all ingredients, except for noodles. Cook until sauce, on a low-medium heat, until it is well blended and smooth.
- Once noodles are done, drain them and blend sauce with noodles. Thoroughly cover the noodles and serve.