This tomato-based sauce is so tasty you won’t need to find another! It has just the right amount of garlic and basil to bring out the Italian in all of us. You like it spicy? Add red pepper flakes. You want sweet? Use a little more sugar! Whatever your preference, our Marinara Sauce will have people asking for seconds.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons basil
- Sugar add to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the oil and garlic stirring often until fragrant but not browned, about 2 mins.
- Stir in the crushed and diced tomatoes with their juice.
- Bring to simmer, reduce to low heat and simmer until thickened 15-20 mins
- Add basil, sugar and oregano. Season with salt and pepper NOTE: If you double the sauce, add an extra 10 minutes cook time.