- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- (1 teaspoon for bread mix; set aside 1/4 teaspoon for glaze)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease one loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest, mix with fingertips until fragrant. Add egg, vegetable oil and vanilla and whisk to combine. Stir in zucchini. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the zucchini mixture until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes in preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Move pan to wire rack and cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Once bread is cooled, prepare the glaze. In medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Drizzle the glaze over the bread.