- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1 ¼ pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, (about 3 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Whisk broth, flour, 1 tablespoon dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook until slightly thickened, whisking continuously (about 3 minutes).
Serve with cooked orzo salad. Cook orzo according to package, add chopped cucumber, diced red onion, lemon juice, chopped fresh dill, salt and pepper.