- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add lemon and vanilla extracts, and mix again until smooth.
- Next, add the flour mixture. Mix just until the dough comes together.
- Chill the dough for approx. 30 minutes before continuing.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Roll dough into ⅛ cup balls, then roll in powdered sugar until well coated. Arrange 2″ apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.