Here is a recipe that I have altered a bit that is flying around food websites like crazy! I have altered it for one main reason… lack of flavor! I took one look at the ingredient list and said, “Oh, no no no! This won’t do!” Chicken, Corn Flakes, Milk, and Flour were what was listed. Though I knew everything listed would help make it crispy, it would also be very blah. Who wants blah chicken? Not I! So I am going to give you the secret ingredient to give it some flavor… Garlic Salt! Now that wasn’t so hard was it? Can’t help but wonder why someone hadn’t jazzed this up a bit sooner. I did also alter this to be a recipe for 2!
- 2 Chicken Breasts (The thinner they are the faster they will cook.)
- 1 cup crushed Corn Flakes
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 6 Tbs Olive Oil
- 3 Pie Plates or something similar in size.
- Pie plate #1, add flour and garlic salt, stir well.
- Pie plate #2 , add milk.
- Pie Plate #3, add Corn Flakes.
- Dredge your pieces of chicken in the flour, then place in the milk, then immediately move them to the corn flakes. Make sure you cover both sides of the chicken well in each step!
- Set the chicken aside on a plate and get your skillet going.
- Over medium high heat, add your olive oil. When the oil is hot add the chicken. Cook on each side for about 3min and the turn the temperature to low and let cook for 5 min on each side again. Cover the skillet between flips.
- Use a thermometer to check that it is cooked thoroughly.