This is a tasty collection of chiles and cheese. It’s a recipe to liven up the taste buds and add spice to your life. It’s a breakfast treat to wake you up. However, don’t be scared, it may be spicy, but the dairy ingredients help lessen the heat. Milk is known to put out taste bud fires. This recipe calls for 1.5 cups of milk. Plus, it has a double whammy of cheese and tortillas that can squelch some of the spiciness. This collection of flavors allows for a tasty dish with spices, but also flavor. It’s one of those recipes that allow the right amount of heat without taking away the taste of it.
It’s a very easy recipe to make too. All it takes is the right ingredients, an oven, and a baking dish. Layer up the ingredients as instructed and bake for 45 minutes. After which, you’ll have a sensational dish to serve to your family. It can serve 6 to 8 people.
When you read the ingredients you may be concerned about the cholesterol or fat involved. There are eggs, cheese, and milk. However, unless you have a case of heart disease, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure etc, it’s actually not that bad. Peppers are known for being very healthy. They are full of antioxidants and have vitamins A and C in them. Plus peppers help speed up the metabolism. Additionally, calcium and protein can be found in this dish from the dairy products.
It’s a great morning meal for those who enjoy a little spice in their life and are looking for something different. This recipe adds an edge to breakfast.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 1.5 Cups Whole Milk
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 15 Whole Roasted Canned Chiles
- 4 Cups Cheese – 2Cups Monterey Jack 2 Cups Cheddar
- Tortillas (warm according to directions on package)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the milk, eggs, paprika, cayenne and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut the chiles in half and add a single layer them on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Top the chiles with half the cheese. Repeat with another layer of chiles and another layer of cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake 45 minutes
- Cut into squares and serve with warmed tortillas!