Bacon has become a popular favorite among many in the American culture lately. It’s addictive salty flavor is marked by a crisp, savory bite. It’s hard to beat it’s sultry flavor. However, if you’re going to eat it, why not try it with something healthy, like green beans.
The satisfying salty flavor is the perfect complement to the earthy taste of green beans. This side dish has just the right element of flavor. It’s deliciously topped off with a peppery finish.
Bacon wrapped green beans are relatively easy to make too. Plus, there are only three ingredients! It’s almost unbelievable how just three ingredients can taste this good.
Simply start off by preheating the oven to a high broil. Wrap the beans (6-7) of them with bacon. Basically you’ll be creating little bundles. These will then be placed in a roasting pan or a baking sheet. These can then be brushed with olive oil. Your pan will be placed into the oven for about 10 minutes. You will want to keep watch on this, so as not to burn any green beans. When all is finished, the beans should be tender, however you should have fully cooked bacon. This appetizing side dish can be served immediately. This recipe takes a relatively common dish and turns it into something extraordinary.
- 16 ounces fresh green beans
- 12 ounce package of bacon
- Seasoned pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to high broil. Wrap bacon around 6-7 beans to make small bundles and lay on a roasting pan or baking sheet. Continue wrapping green beans until you have used all the ingredients. Brush or drizzle olive oil on the green beans to help the seasonings stick.
- Place the pan in the oven and watch carefully. This usually takes approx. 10 minutes but keep your eyes on it because when broiling it’s easy to burn the green beans. You’re looking for tender green beans and fully cooked bacon.
- When done serve immediately and enjoy!