Craving something a little creative? Try out this Asian style salad. It’s a low cal, healthy meal. Plus, it’s a filling salad! It only calls for two tuna steaks; however these can be pretty meaty.
Simply coat your tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Feel free to adjust the recommended amounts as you see necessary. Put the grill on max heat and sear each side of the tuna steaks for about 2.5-4 minutes (depending on desired rareness). Once finished, create your salad, start with some spring baby lettuce and then spruce it up. These optional ingredients can add a little pizzazz to your salad: mandarin oranges, sesame seeds, red onion slices, and avocado. Wasabi paste is a nice spicy addition to the tuna steaks. Just be careful because it can heat up fast! There are various dressings that could work with this salad. Try one of these to start – Asian sesame dressing with ginger and soy, citrus ginger dressing or balsamic vinaigrette.
This satisfying dish has got it all. It’s unique, tasty, filling, and healthy. Additionally, it’s finished in just a few minutes. It’s the perfect meal when you need a quick fix. Plus, it satisfies low carb and low cal diets. It will leave your belly comfortably full and your taste buds happy.
Recipe contributed by Aaron and Ashley Horst
- 2 tuna steaks
- 3/4 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- Spring baby lettuce
- Mandarin oranges
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced radishes
- Red onion
- Wasabi paste
- Avocado (spritz with lime juice)
- Coat tuna steaks with salt and pepper. The amounts are just suggestions, season as you like.
- Turn the grill on max heat and sear each side of the tuna steak for about two-four minutes per side.
- Make or purchase wasabi paste and spread desired amount on tuna steaks.
- Mix all ingredients together and top with tuna steak.
- Drizzle salad dressing over dish. Here are some suggested dressings: Asian sesame dressing with ginger and soy, citrus ginger dressing or balsamic vinaigrette.